Facez for Facebook FAQ
Q. How do I install this widget?
A. Check you first have a custom home launcher installed and have enabled Scrollable Widget support!
- Long press on your home screen
- Select add a widget
- Select 'Big Facez'
- Press the "Authorize this Widget" button
- Select the how you want the widget to retrieve updates
- Press the "Add Widget" button
Press the "Refresh" button on the widget to get your facebook news feed
Q. What phones are supported so far?
- HTC Desire
- HTC Evo
- HTC Wildfire
- Sony Ericsson X10
- Google Nexus One
- Samsung Galaxy S
- Dell Streak
Q. What phones are NOT supported so far?
- HTC Tattoo
- Samsung Galaxy i5500
- Samsung Galaxy i5801
Q. Why do I need to use a custom home launcher?
A. Custom home launchers allow widgets on your home screen the capability to show scrollable lists like what's used in Facez. Without one installed you WILL NOT get updates on your screen!
Q. Which custom home launchers are supported?
A. "ADW Launcher" is recommended for new users!
Supported home launchers :
- ADW Launcher (Ex)
- Launcher Pro (Ex)
- Go Launcher Ex
Unsupported Home Launchers :
- Stock Android Home Launcher
- SPB 3D Mobile
- MIUI Home Launcher
- Sense UI
Q. Where can I find one of these custom home launchers and are they free?
A. They can be found on the Android Market and the above 3 listed are free!
Q. How to enable scrolling on my custom home launcher
A. You MUST enable scrolling on your home launcher or YOU WILL NOT get updates i.e. blank list.
For LauncherPro users :
- Press the physical Menu Button
- Select "Prefs"
- Select "General Settings"
- Tick "Enable scrollable widgets"
A. Facez uses secure OAuth authentication recommended by Facebook. This means that your connections to facebook are secure. Facez does not collect user information for any purpose. All authentication is made directly using Facebook's own authorization tools. Facez uses authorization tokens as a means of accessing your Facebook account only. Facez is in no way affiliated or has access to the Android Facebook application.
Q. What screen resolutions are supported?
A. Facez has been developed to support a wide range of handsets provided they meet the following requirements :
- Is Running Android OS 2.1 or greater
- Has a custom home launcher installed
- Has one of the following screen sizes :
- QVGA - 240x320
- HVGA - 320x480
- WVGA - 480x800 or 480x854 or greater
Q. Why are there no updates listed? Why is it blank?
A. If you have this problem it could one or more of the following:
- You aren't using a custom home launcher (see above on how to install one)
- You didn't enable scrollable widget support in your custom home launcher (see above on how to enable this)
- You don't have a data/internet connection, check you can access the internet from your device.
- Your SD doesn't have any space left to store cache data, make some space on your SD card then press the "Refresh" button on the widget.
Q. Why can't I authenticate/login
A. If you have this problem it could one or more of the following :
- Check your username and password
- Check you can access secure webpages from your phone i.e web address beginning with https://
- Check you have a data connection
Q. Why does Facez require GPS access from my phone?
A. To make this widget available for free, Big Widgets needs to rely on revenue earned from Ad's being clicked. It is a requirement by the ad vendor Facez currently uses, "AdMob", that GPS location, coarse and fine, be available so it may supply relevant Ads to the user. Without this Facez would be not be generating any development cost support.